Maybe I don't need to say anything; this picture should pretty well tell the story. But here are the details in case you are interested.
We grilled hot dogs in the fireplace. They were yummy. Then my wife went to work and left me alone with the fire and the hot dogs. I looked at them longingly for a while and then decided that grilled bologna was just a different form of the same meat.
Now before you start thinking that bologna is below you, lots of great dishes are made from the cheapest cuts of meat. These cuts just happen to have been processed. Keep an open mind.
I used thick-sliced bologna and stuck it on the grilling stick. I grilled it on one side until all nice and toasty brown. Yum. The experiment almost ended here... :-)
Next I took it off the stick, added a corn tortilla, and replaced it on the stick (grilled side towards the tortilla). Then I grilled the other side of the bologna and the tortilla until it looked yummy.
Looked pretty grilling.
Here's how it looked when I took it off the fire.
I added a little whole grain mustard and sliced sweet gherkin pickles (homemade, of course).
And here's the final product! You have to admit it looks sexy. First bite I thought that the corn tortilla was dry because I'm used to frying them in oil, but then I decided that it tasted like a tamale--a bologna, mustard & gherkin tamale.
Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment